Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Boxed Stars

Tilde made this top, using the 2.25" diamonds from Collection # 3.

She writes :
I adapted the pattern from Jinny Beyer's "Quiltmaking by Hand", and used a lot of different fabrics, most of them quite boring on their own.

I love the way this pattern plays with the stars and boxes, and how you can see very different patterns when you shift your focus slightly. (It might be more visible, if you click on the picture and get a closer look)

The finished size of the top is 96" square.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

That top came out gorgeous, Tilde. Some really nice fabrics in there. Who'da thought that brown could be so beautiful!

Cyn said...

Wonderful, Tilde! The colors play so nice across the quilt surface. I didn't realize that we have a 2.25" diamond in Collection#3... I should read my CD more often! lol. I've just been using the little stuff.
Congratulations on a beautiful quilt!
Hugs,
/;-)

Kathryn said...

Tilde, The result is just wonderful, both close up and at a distance. You are inspiring!
Kathie

Anonymous said...

Oh, this quilt it to die for! I just love this. If I could only finish one quilt using Inklingo, I'd be so happy. Would like instructions as to how you made this one. I could put it on my scroll of tops to make. Rae Ann