Thursday, September 17, 2009

Circle of Swallows quilt


Jeannette from South Australia made this great quilt with the Circle of Swallows block.

She writes :

here is a picture of my latest quilt. It is made with the free Lemoyne Star and 3" hst's from Collection 2.

I hand pieced the blocks and joined them together with my machine.
The white background is stipple quilted and the border is a geometric design formed from the shape of the triangles.
It is machine quilted.
The quilt measures 41"x51" and the blocks are 10"x10" finished. .

4 comments:

Frummie said...

Jeanette,
Your quilt is DYNOMITE!!!!!
Hugs,
Frummie

Loretta said...

This is such a nice quilt!!! It's on my "someday" list.

sol8ce said...

I was just reading in my yard when a flock of 40 or 50 swallows circled around. I came in to see what if anything this could mean and found your gorgeous quilt. By the way, swallows are supposedly a sign of good things to come. I wish I was able to quilt, I always seem to mess it up and give up. Blessings to all.

Pickle said...

Love your quilt. I am new to inklingo and want to make large blocks like your 10" finished block. How did you get the correct size block template. I have only downloaded the Lemoyne star and the pieces are two tiny to work because the templet is for a 4" block.
Thanks Pickle