Monday, August 5, 2013

Dresden Plate, Flying Geese, HST - Oh, My!



Jeannette in Australia made this wonderful quilt using the Dresden Plate Fancy Pieced collection, Collection 2 and HSTs.

She writes:

"I made this quilt for my sister-in-law Barbara after she saw the blocks and said how much she liked them. There are only 9 blocks, but each one is 24" square.  The centre is the 15" Farmers Fancy from the Dresden Plate Fancy Pieced Inklingo collection and the Flying Geese are 3" x 1.5".  The other blocks were made using 3.25" HSTs from Collection 2 and squares that I cut myself.  It is hand and machine pieced and machine quilted."


And here's a close-up of the beautiful centre Farmers Fancy block.

1 comment:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful - I love the combination of patterns in this quilt.