Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hexagon Star Quilt


Patti is making this wonderful hexagon star quilt using the Inklingo .50" 60-degree hexagons and the elongated 60-degree hexagon from Inklingo Collection 1, a collection on CD which is sold out.

She writes:

"Time has come to add my elongated hexagon border to my quilt top. The star is made up of 1/2 inch hexagons. The piece of fabric that I used for all the hexagons came from one piece of fabric that started out green on the one selvedge and went to yellow on the other in the same order as the elongated hex border is done. I had purchased the fabric after I issued a challenge at guild to make something that would be quilted using only two pieces of fabric, a background, the white on white fabric and the print was the focus fabric!

My fabric went AWOL and time was closing in on the challenge deadline so I bought a similar fabric in a different colourway and made a table topper instead. When we were packing to move across town the AWOL fabric showed up again so I decided I had better print off what I needed before it escaped again. Since it wasn't going to make it to the challenge, I decided to applique the star onto the black background and add a suitable border."

Do you want to see the project Patti made with the fabric in a different colourway? Look for the "LeMoyne Table Topper" post.

No comments: