Thursday, August 15, 2013

Rose Star Table Topper

Glenda made this pretty table topper using the Inklingo 12" Rose Star collection.

She writes:

"I used the 12-inch Rose Star pattern from Inklingo to create my table runner. Although it is a 'one-patch' pattern, there is an option to use hexagons for parts of the design. I used my 2" hexagons and the 'kite' pattern piece from the 12-inch Rose Star collection to create my Rose Stars. Rather than making a long table runner with the blocks lined up end to end, I chose to create one that was shorter and wider for my oval table. I used large diamond shapes on the four corner areas to create the elongated hexagon shape of the runner. The table runner was both hand and machine pieced, then machine quilted. It was fun and I think it created a unique project."

No comments: