Monday, August 5, 2013

Jane Austen Quilt


Sue in Australia is making a beautiful Jane Austen quilt using the Inklingo Jane Austen Patchwork collection. She has just finished putting the centre together.

Sue writes:

"I belong to a group of 12 who meet once a month and we have a 'birthday bag'.  Each person states what she would like in her bag and at the meeting in the birthday month gets a bag with 11 fat quarters from the others. Mine was small pastel florals in cream and pink. I added to this, including some swaps, and had 70 different fabrics each arranged symmetrically. I appliquéd the centre medallion.

Now for the border. I can't face the 2,500 small diamonds in the original and I'm not happy using any of the floral fabrics used in the diamonds. I'm thinking of making stars from the small diamond template and appliquéing them onto a cream border."


Sue's appliquéd centre is beautiful.  I can't wait to see what she does with the border!


1 comment:

Jeannette said...

Your quilt is looking beautiful.I love the appliqued centre you made.