Thursday, June 11, 2009

LeMoyne star quilt


Mary Anne made this pretty quilt using the free collection of 4.5" (finished) LeMoyne stars. She writes

Linda is a great friend and when she gave me the LeMoyne Star collection I was going to make a few to see if I could do it. I think she gave it to me as she figured if I could download it anyone could. (LOL) I was so pleased with myself that I actually did it all by myself. I was going to make a few, but it turned into a quilt for my Granddaughter.
It is 8 squares in both directions with 1/2 inch sashing between. 64 squares in all and I used cornerstones all from the fat quarters that I had used in the quilt. It is about 30 inches square, (my granddaughter has it and loves it so I can't say for sure). I didn't do anything very hard and it went together so easily. I love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary Anne

I love it! The colors are lovely. I bet your granddaughter loves it too! reat job

Teresa / IL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt Mary Anne! I love the colors that you used...bright and cheery for your granddaughter! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Elaine in SLO, Ca

Anonymous said...

A precious looking quilt for a precious grandaughter. I'm sure she will treasure it as she grows older. Pat yourself on the back, you did good.