Monday, August 22, 2011

THE Hexagon Quilt - Insanity FINISHED !!!


YEA. Linda D. has FINISHED her Insanity quilt.
She writes :
"My "Insanity" quilt is finished. I added two extra rows to the top and bottom and another row to each side so now there are 11,127 hexagons. My quilt is called "THE Hexagon Quilt". It was of course hand pieced and hand quilted. This quilt has been a real labor of love and got me through a very difficult period in my life. Thank goodness for Inklingo."

... and just in case you have forgotten. This is made with hexagons that are 0.5" to the side. That's right. At their widest, from point to point, these hexagons are just 1", and the side of each hexagon is 0.5".

Awesome, Linda. Just awesome.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

fantastic!! and some people can't believe hand piecing and hand quilting is relaxing - no one would have made this by hand if it wasn't as they would have gone insane before it was done and would have been pulling their hair out!!
I love it. I have not made anything with hexies in years but seeing a quilt like this makes me think about it.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Elly D said...

WOW! This is truly amazing! So beautiful!

Patricia said...

Beautiful!! A testimony to perseverance.

Cyn said...

Congratulations on a beautiful quilt. It is inspiring to see one of these completed! Amazing to stick with it and finish! Good for you!

Darcy said...

beautiful!